EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH BEST SELLER AND SPEAKER- EMEKA NOBIS

 AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH THE BEST SELLING AUTHOR & SPEAKER: EMEKA NOBIS



This is the abbreviated written version of the interview. To access the full audio version, kindly click on our youtube link: 



DKB: Who is Emeka Nobis? Tell us a bit about yourself, family and educational background.



Emeka Nobis: My name is Emeka Nobis. I'm primarily a writer. Thats my primary gift. My secondary gift is speaking. Basically, I like to define myself based on my journey so far. I help people to build their business based on what they know.


I studied Mechanical Engineering at Federal University of technology, Owerri. I studied this course out of my curiosity for planes. I wanted to know how planes fly but there was no university in Nigeria offering Aeronautic Engineering which is why i opted for this.


I am married to one wife. Her name is Joy. I have 3 kids; Chisom, Adaeze and Best. We live in the City of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.



DBK: What drives you everyday you wake up and why do you do what you do?



Emeka Nobis: When I see individuals who have lots of gifts inside of them but they're not bringing it out, they're not growing influence and touching other people's lives, it moves me to do what I do on a daily basis.


Everyday that i wake up, I see that there's someone out there who needs to read the things that I write, who needs to hear my voice to be able to do better and bring out the hidden gifts in them, so that they can be able to be a blessing to others.





This is the abbreviated written version of the interview. To access the full audio version, kindly click on our youtube link: 


DKB: Who and who would you say has been your great influencer with regards to what you do and why?



Emeka Nobis: I think I've had a collection of individuals who have influenced my life. At a young age, two individuals shaped my life. First is Dr. Ben Carson, The Author of Gifted Hands and Dr. Robert H. Thouless, the Author of Straight and Crooked Thinking. These books did amazing things in my life. 


My Mom who studied English language was also a great influence in my life. We had lots of books in our Bookshelf to read.


Starting out my career, I didnt know what to do. So i started following the likes of Fela Durotoye, Steve Harris, Paul Foh and a whole lot of them.


I see my life as a collective of the efforts of these people. So, I can say that I am a product of a collective effort.



DKB: As a business person with vast experience and exposure, what do you think Entreprenuers can do to improve their business?



Emeka Nobis: A whole lot is required in business to enable it succeed. Everyday, we wake up, we're introduced to new ways of doing things. However, the number one thing i tell people is that when doing a business, you really need to set up a system and a structure. By structure, we're talking about the culture of the organization, the value system, your process, your people. If you set these things correctly, then every other thing will revolve around it.


Also, you've got to be in the moment. This means, you've got to live everyday with expectations that you can get better in your business. Open yourself up to new knowledge to learn from other people and also the feebback the business is giving you. Business is breathing like a human being. Just like a baby cries, meaning that the child needs food. Your business is giving you feedback on a daily bases.


Secondly, do everything to consistently tweek the process of your business. Thirdly, keep selling.



DKB: What are your future plans and what other areas of life are you involved in with regards to your personal, Financial and social success?



Emeka Nobis: I started building Switchpath Consulting last year. But I'm also building an organism which has many parts. I'm not thinking of being a number one consulting firm but to build a business that is sustainable and then the values we are giving in terms of helping people, companies on how they can build a culture that can help them stay profitablr and increase their profits.


I dont live my vision in terms of years because there can always be a disruption. I focus on achieving short term goals betwen 3-6 months.


I am building myself to becoming a more powerful  and influencial brand; someone to be reckoned with when it has to do with core leadership.


My major focus for this year is exposure. I need to push myself to the online space to gain visibility and influence.




This is the abbreviated written version of the interview. To access the full audio version, kindly click on our youtube link: 


DKB: If you were given the opportunity to be the president of Nigeria for one month, what would you do to bring about a drastic change in the country?



Emeka Nobis: There are 3 basic things I can do if i'm to be the president of this country. 

Number one, provide power and make sure that the power is stable. Trust me, if people have stable power in this country, they'll do other things.


Secondly, infrastructure in terms of good roads and finally, healthcare. 


These 3 things are out of our provisions but if we have them in place, Nigerians will do the rest.



DKB: There are so many people looking up to you, who also aspire to be like you. Whats your deepest and hesrtfelt message to them?



Emeka Nobis: My deepest message to them is to first and foremost look into themselves to understand that there's something inside of them no matter how insignificant they may feel it is.


Secondly, they need to be patient. There are so many young people who are in a haste to 'blow overnight' (to become successful suddenly). Such 'blowing' are not sustainable.



DKB: what would you say are the vital factors for personal and corporate  success?



Emeka Nobis: It all boils down to values. There are certain individuals I can work with and there are others I cant work with because their values are not in alignment with mine. For example, I hold integrity so much in high esteem. 


There are certain individuals who come to me for collaborations but their values are not genuine in terms of touching lives.


Take your time to set your values aright that can help your succeeed and move you to higher success. Secondly, patience to grow. Success demands patience. Everything takes time and process. Thirdly, your dedication. You cant be successful if you are not dedicated to the things you have called yourself to do. Finally, you cant neglect the spiritual aspect of your life in terms of your faith, conviction and beliefs.




This is the abbreviated written version of the interview. To access the full audio version, kindly click on our youtube link: 

https://youtu.be/ZF-L9N79YcI



DKB: Can you give us some of your achievements so far and the number of books you've written?




Emela Nobis: I don't know how to count my achievement. For me, success is a never ending improvement. I see my success and achievement in terms of the lives I've touched.


For my books, 'Bank Alert' is the 13th book, counting both the ones i give out for free and the ones i sell. 


I'm curre tly writing a book on marital relationship basically, which will be my 14th book.


Previously, I wrote books that people bought because of Emeka Nobis. Right now, I'm writing books that actually provides real life solutions to problems which i call process books.


I'm not really an award kind of guy but i've heard one or two persons giving me awards. It doesnt really freak me out.





DKB: It was nice interviewing you.



♡Daniel Kemka Blog







Comments

Popular Posts